The threat posed by IS and other extremist groups means that as a company you are increasingly on the alert for terrorist attacks. What damages resulting from terrorism or acts of war can you insure against?
Cover for damage resulting from terrorism is compulsory in Belgium for the following types of insurance:
- civil liability insurance for cars;
- strict liability insurance in cases of fire and explosion;
- fire insurance for common risks (e.g. homes and small businesses);
- accident at work insurance;
- accident insurance;
- hospitalisation insurance;
- life insurance.
When is damage effectively the result of an act of terrorism? A committee composed of representatives of the government and insurance sector will decide whether a particular event meets the legal definition of terrorism.