For more than 50 years, Vanbreda has been providing insurance, risk management and employee benefits services to government bodies, educational institutions (e.g. universities of applied sciences, universities, vocational colleges) and healthcare organisations (hospitals, residential or nursing homes, service apartments).
You can count on us for policy conditions and clauses tailored to your specific sector. Our specialists are here to answer your questions about liability, medical indemnity, assets (such as the construction of a new hospital wing), group insurance and other such matters.
Nursing staff, doctors and surgeons have become a vulnerable occupational group. Patients are becoming increasingly assertive, and if anything goes wrong during a treatment or operation, they will not hesitate to hold you liable. This is why we also specialise in medical professional indemnity.
Here is a selection of our services:
- presentations on professional indemnity for the medical council and/or medical staff;
- the continuous and proactive updating of the substantive terms and conditions (including clinical trials, no-fault law, single use, simultaneous anaesthesia, anteriority vs posteriority);
- review and reporting of heavy damages;
- second opinion for rejected claims.
Your claims will be handled by a dedicated claims department specialised in the matter.
The liability cases are entered into a unique reporting system that provides extensive benchmarks and answers to the following questions:
- What are the most common claims? How does this compare with the rest of the market?
- What is the percentage of claims you are actually held liable for?
- What is the source of the claims?
All this information is not only interesting for you, it also serves as inspiration for our product managers to develop new insurance solutions (such as the cyber policy) or to fine-tune existing products for you even further.
Our free online tool eServices enables you to consult your policies, submit your claims in real time and retrieve damage statistics.
Detailed reports and risk analyses will help you with your prevention policy. During the annual insurance meeting, your account manager will zoom in on the existing problem areas and the new risks facing the operation of your organisation.